Totally redesigned to meet the challenges of a new mechanical age, this classic handbook provides a practical overview of the complex principles and data associated with the design and control of dynamic mechanical systems.
This comprehensive reference includes: classical mechanics…kinematics of mechanisms…static and fatigue design…mechanical vibrations…friction, lubrication, and wear…system dynamics…machine systems…reliability…cam mechanisms…power screws…friction clutches and brakes…belts, chains, and gearing…and more.
Filled with over 600 detailed illustrations, the Second Edition has been updated to include:
- Dynamic system analysis and synthesis
- Continuous time control systems
- Digital control systems
- Optical systems
- Power transmission and subsystems
CONTENTS OF THIS HANDS-ON ENGINEERING AND DESIGN RESOURCE INCLUDE:
- Mechanical engineering fundamentals
- System analysis and synthesis
- Power transmission and control subsystems
- Analytical methods for engineers
- Numerical methods for engineers
- Standards for mechanical elements